This session is guaranteed to boost your creativity and your self-esteem!
Calling all Herts-based parents with a background in Science, Engineering & Technology (SET)
Interested in volunteering to support your child’s school?
Are your children at primary school?
Are you on a career break or working part time?
Book on a FREE Half Day Skills Training workshop on Wednesday 14 December in Hemel Hempstead.
The Quaker Meeting House
1 The Alleys, St.Mary’s Road,
(On street parking on George St, Figtree Hill, or car parks in the old town)
- Full briefing on career development and school support opportunities available through School Gate SET
- A free assessment and coaching from qualified StrengthsFinder coach, Dr Jan Peters – you will be a sent a profile assessment to complete in advance of the session.
- Chance to network with like-minded parents
School Gate SET could boost your prospects and your children’s education!
Event start 9.30 am
Event finish 1.30 pm
Lunch and refreshments provided!
Call our Herts representative Lisa Ward 0745 0052499 to book your place.
Can’t make it?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to a list for forthcoming sessions in Herts in the new year.
Want to know more before you sign up? Read on…
What’s in it for parents?
For parents with a background in Science, Engineering & Technology (SET), talking to our children about how the world works; taking them to science museums; even doing a few backyard & kitchen experiments, all comes very naturally. Many primary school children, though, don’t get these experiences. Could you help address this gap?
If you choose to sign up as a School Gate SET volunteer you will benefit from:
Free, local, face-to-face training to empower you to deliver SET clubs or presentations in primary schools, or contribute behind the scenes (this is funded by the Royal Academy of Engineering’s Ingenious Fund)
- An impressive addition on your CV
- Networking with SET parents/carers collaborating online and face to face
- Free use of Gallup’s “StrengthsFinder” and personal advice from a qualified coach to be more engaged, more productive and happier in whatever you choose to do
- Learning more about how SET is delivered in primary schools
- Boosting your existing professional skills, experience and confidence
- A sense of achievement
- Challenging any preconceptions primary children might have about what a “scientist” or “engineer” looks like
- A fresh perspective on SET viewed through the eyes of young children
- Helping to make a difference in the local community
- Opportunities to develop your communication skills
- Building a relationship with your local school(s) around SET teaching across all primary school years
Priority for the training sessions will be given to parents/carers with a SET background who are currently on a career break or working part-time. Resources shared through the School Gate SET network are available to all. SET parents/carers in full-time employment might want to consider the STEM Ambassador programme: http://www.stemnet.org.uk
For more information, please e-mail the School Gate SET Project Manager: email@example.com